- ASURO is a tiny mobile robot developed for educational purposes by DLR, the german aerospace centre.
- It is very flexible and completely programmable in C. Assembly is easy for experienced electronic
technicians and feasible for a novice.
- Except for the printed circuit boards (PCB) only standard parts are utilized and freeware tools can be
used for programming. Therefore ASURO is exceptionally suitable as an introduction into processor-
controlled hobby electronics, for projects in schools and universities, for studies and adult education centres. Special tools, which are freeware for private users, have been used for all electronic
development phases and software design, proving that robots can be designed without expensive tools or
- ASURO is equipped with an Atmel AVR RISC-processor and two independently controlled motors, an optical linetracer, six collision-detector switches, two odometer-sensors, three indicator LEDs and an IR-
Interface for programming and remote controlling by a PC.
- Powered by 2*AAA batteries (not included)
- Comes with CD + RS232 computer connection cable
Dimensions: 4.96 in x 4.17 in x 1.81 in (12.6 cm x 10.6 cm x 4.6 cm)
Weight: 4.94 oz (140 g)