Just as this top hat wearing bird will never stop being thirsty, you'll never stop being amused by the repetitive actions of the Novelty Dippy Drinking Bird! Place him over a glass of water and watch as he swings up and down, appearing to take a drink. A fun way to teach kids some basic scientific principles, the bird moves when condensate from the fluid in its glass body accumulates on its beak. This makes the bird top heavy, causing him to tip forward. Then, the fluid rushes to the bottom, and the bird stands up again! The head and feet are crafted out of plastic.
When the head of the bird is moistened with water, it will repeatedly?bend down?and appear to be drinking from a cup?of water in front of it. The dunking is due to the evaporating water, which cools the head reducing the pressure of the gas inside. The liquid inside the bird rises up from his tail towards his head, causing the bird to?bend down and appear to be drinking.?When the bird dunks, the liquid returns to its tail, and the process begins again. The novelty dippy drinking bird only needs water to run.
- A felt covered head and has plastic feet
- Fluid inside condenses from the evaporative cooling of the water off the bird's beak, making it top heavy and dunking it back into the water
- The condensate rejoins the liquid pool in the bird's bulb, and he tips up again
- Process continues indefinitely
- The fluid and dye inside the bird can permanently stain, and the bird's glass body can easily be broken
- Children are fascinated by the bobbing bird, and the educational possibilities are great
Dimensions: 6.89 in x 2.17 in x 1.93 in
Weight: 1.55 oz