Item type: Pregnancy Test Kit
Size: about 12.7cm X 1.5cm X 1cm
Color: Shown in the picture
Weight: About 7 g
How does a home pregnancy test work?
1. A home pregnancy test measures the presence of the hormone Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin (H.C.G.) in your urine.
2. H.C.G. is produced in the placenta shortly after the embryo attaches to the uterine lining.
3. This hormone then builds up rapidly in your body in the first few days following implantation.
4. Usually H.C.G. can be detected by a home pregnancy test 7-10 days after conception.
5. The further in to the pregnancy you are the higher the levels of H.C.G. in your urine.
When should you do the test?
The tests can be taken at any time of the day. However, we do recommend that you test first thing
in the morning when your urine is most concentrated. Do not drink large amounts of fluid in an
attempt to increase the volume of urine as this may dilute the urine making H.C.G. more difficult to
You can read the reusts just after 3 minutes.
Drinking alcohol, painkillers, oral contraceptives, antibiotics and other common drugs will not affect
the result of these tests. Only medicines that contain H.C.G. can produce a false positive result.
If you are unsure about your result or your period has still not arrived then you should see your
doctor for advice.
1 x Pregnancy Test Kit